Career opportunities with Health Intervention and Technology Assessment Program (HITAP)
HITAP was established in 2007 as a non-profit research organization which reports to the Bureau of Policy and Strategy, Office of the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Public Health, Thailand. HITAP’s main responsibility is to assess a range of health interventions and technologies, including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, clinical practices, individual and community health promotions and disease prevention programs, as well as social health policy. HITAP aims to cultivate the public interest and motivate participation from all sectors in society in order to efficiently distribute and allocate the limited resources to fulfill its public objectives. Since 2012, HITAP recognizes the importance of working at the international level with the aim of empowering and providing practical lessons on the potential use of HTA to support UHC, especially in low and middle income countries.
As a multi-disciplinary HTA organization, HITAP is not only focused on producing the highest standard of research, but it also puts a high priority on knowledge translation and dissemination of our research findings to all stakeholders, for instance policy makers, health practitioners, the media and the public.
Posting Title: International Communication Staff
Organization: Health Intervention and Technology Assessment Program (HITAP), Ministry of Public Health, Thailand
Duty Station: Nonthaburi, Thailand
- Revise and implement communications strategies and action plan for HITAP’s international work based on the evidence of audience analysis.
- Manage and produce communications outputs that are aligned with the plan by working together with HITAP’s communication teams and our outsourced partners
- Responsible for following in-house media production;
- Communicating domestic HITAP’s reseach findings to international audiences using various media platforms.
- English electronic newsletters (Monthly news update e-newsletter and tri-monthly HTAsiaLink newsletters)
- Manage 3 international websites including HITAP’s main website (English page), HITAP’s global website (HITAP international unit), and GEAR database.
- Development, implementation and measurement of integrated social media strategies that support HITAP’s international work
- Develop and implement media output for ad hoc international projects, for instance produce leaflets for conferences, short video clips for international meetings, etc.
- Manage international events and conferences
- Working with all HITAP international partners to develop and manage internal communications strategies and action plans as well as manage internal communications channels to support HITAP international work to run effectively.
- Evaluating all international communications outputs in order to improve the existing communication work.
- Working with HITAP’s communications team and international project manager
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field required. Master’s degree in communications or business preferred. The candidate should have 3 or more years of broad communications experience, preferably in health research or health systems field.
- Demonstrated experience developing effective communications strategies and providing advice.
- Demonstrated experience managing communications or other projects through a project lifecycle
- Experience with internal and external communications, electronic communications, and communications measurement.
- Able to use English fluently and accurately at a professional level.
- Solid writing and editing skills in a variety of styles, for use across different formats.
- The ability to multi-task and work well under deadline. / Must work well in a team, fast-paced, high-energy and deadline-driven environment.
- Experiences in using computer graphic design program, editing program or able to use web content management systems are desirable
How to apply :
Interested candidates should download the application form and submit the form along with a detailed resume/curriculum vitae to Mr.Buntoon Chankheaw at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ms.Benjarin Santatiwongchai at email@example.com referencing the job title.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +662-590-4549, +662-590-4374-5
Fax : +662-590-4369
Address: Health Intervention and Technology Assessment Program
6 th Floor, 6 th Building, Department of Health, Ministry of Public Health, Tiwanon Rd., Muang, Nonthaburi 11000, Thailand