Earlier this year, Health Intervention and Technology Assessment Program (HITAP), Thailand, and other Asian HTA units (i.e. South Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, Japan) agreed to establish an HTA collaboration, 'HTAsiaLink', in order to strengthen and improve the use of HTA among the region through various activities such as collaborative research projects, meetings and conferences, as well as sharing HTA information via group mail.
Furthermore, the group agreeed to produce an electronic newsletter which will be disseminated to the network and other HTA units outside its members.
Consensus between three organizations, namely Health Intervention and Technology Assessment Program (HITAP), Universiti Sains Malaysia and National Evidence-based Healthcare Collaborating Agency (NECA) on potential collaboration among HTA agencies meeting in Thailand, 4th September 2010, initially reached an agreement to distribute an HTA newsletter among agencies in the region. The main objectives are to keep members updated on HTA activities, including organizational news, training, executive summary of research reports, and other related areas of interest.
1. To foster collaboration among member organizations;
2. To enhance HTA knowledge and experience among partner agencies; and
3. To raise awareness of decision makers in Asian countries regarding the use of HTA
Electronic version (file.PDF)
HTA agencies and decision making bodies (e.g. National Health Insurance Offices, Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agencies) in Asia
Member organizations (HTA agencies or academic institutions that are conducting HTA)
• National Evidence-based Healthcare Collaborating Agency (NECA), Korea
• Center for Drug Evaluation (CDE), Taiwan
• School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Universiti sains Malaysia, Malaysia
• Department of Health Economics and Epidemiology Research, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
• Ritsumikan University, Japan
• Health Intervention and Technology Assessment Program (HITAP), Thailand
Recent member (last updated, Nov 2011):
• Hanoi Medical University, Vietnam
Three times per year
Health Intervention and Technology Assessment Program (HITAP), Thailand
• HTA Research update: abstract or executive summary of HTA studies by member organizations
• Main scoop: depends upon the theme
• HTA activities: organizational news, educational/training opportunities, conferences and summary of ongoing projects
• HTA review (or sources): recommended books, articles, databases or checklists that would facilitate HTA research activities
On September 4, 2010, an agreement to collaborate was reached between three Asian HTA organizations: Health Intervention and Technology Assessment Program (HITAP), Thailand; Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia; and National Evidence-based Healthcare Collaborating Agency (NECA), Korea. The organizations agreed to distribute an HTA newsletter among member agencies in the region in order to strengthen the network and facilitate information exchange among its members. The newsletter combines a range of HTA activities from member organizations, including organizational news, summaries of research reports, and other related areas that will be useful for the network itself and also for those who are interested in HTA in Asia countries.
Apart from this HTA newsletter, collaborateing members have an opportunity to conduct relevant cross-country studies that are of mutual benefit to among member organizations. One such on-going cross-country study focuses on the social value of Quality-Adjusted Life Years (QALYs). (For more information, see column: HTA activities)
The goals of this Asian HTA collaboration are fourfold: first, to enhance HTA capacity in the region; second, to raise awareness and inform health system decision makers and health professionals of the utility of HTA; third, to foster membership growth in the region among those with HTA knowledge and committed to informing HTA policy and practice; and finally, to offer a forum in which to share HTA knowledge and experience to the mutual benefit of member organizations.
The Editorial Team (email@example.com)
|Meeting_minute_potential_HTA_asia_collaboration.pdf||95.41 KB||671||6 weeks 6 days ago|
|HTAsiaLink Vol1.pdf||5.22 MB||452||6 weeks 6 days ago|
|HTAsiaLink Vol2.pdf||4.78 MB||426||7 weeks 4 days ago|
|HTAsiaLink Vol3.pdf||6.05 MB||484||7 weeks 1 day ago|
|Meeting minutes_HTAsiaLink_29 Jan 13||580.8 KB||148||7 weeks 1 day ago|
|HTAsiaLink Vol4.pdf||6.7 MB||73||7 weeks 1 day ago|
|HTAsiaLink Vol5.pdf||6.68 MB||150||6 weeks 4 days ago|